DMR Institute of Beauty respects privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of our students and visitors to our online platforms. DMR Institute of Beauty seeks to employ best practice when it comes to the collection and processing of personal information in accordance with data protection or privacy legislation.
Who we are:
DMR Institute of Beauty is a higher education provider and marketer of wellness and beauty courses.
The type of personal information we collect:
We currently collect and process the following information:
We may process different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
• _Identity Data, which includes information concerning your name, username or similar identifier, marital status, age, date of birth, gender, employer name, occupation as well as copies of your identity documents, photographs, identity number, medical information, registration number and qualification information.
• _Contact Data, which includes billing addresses, delivery addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers.
• _Financial Data, which may include bank account and payment card details.
• _Transaction Data, which includes details about payments to and from you.
• _Service Data, which includes information concerning your interactions with DMR Institute of Beauty as well as your performance in DMR Institute of Beauty administered educational courses.
• _Security Data, which may include records of your access to our facilities.
• _Technical Data, which includes your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version,
time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access the Website.
• _Usage Data, which includes information about how you use our website, products and services;
• _Marketing and Communications Data, which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences, You may opt out of receiving direct marketing
communications from us at any time by requesting us (in the manner set out in the communication or by contacting us at the contact details set out in this document) to desist from initiating any direct marketing to you.
If any information you provide us contains the processing of personal information of a minor, this processing of personal information of may only be carried out with the prior consent of the competent person such as a parent or legal guardian, unless lawful basis exists allowing us to process such information without the aforementioned consent.
How we get the personal information and what we use is for:
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
We may require you to submit certain information in order for you to access certain portions of our website and to enable us to provide certain services to you (e.g., providing further requested information, applying for a vacancy, enrolling in a course, requesting a prospectus etc.) or to conclude an agreement with us, or to fulfil our statutory obligations. We also collect information directly from you when you communicate directly with us, for example via email, telephone calls, feedback forms and site comments.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. The information we may actively collect from you may include any of the information listed in section 2 of this Privacy Notice.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
We passively collect some of your personal information from devices that you use to access and navigate through our website or to access any network administered by DMR Institute of Beauty (each an “Access Device”), using various technological means. The information which we passively collect from your Access Device may include your Identity Data, Contact Data, Security Data, Technical Data, Usage Data, Marketing and Communications Data, and any other information which you permit us, from time to time, to passively collect from your Access Device.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
• _provide our services to you;
• _administer our education courses;
• _comply with our statutory obligations, as well as interacting with regulatory authorities;
• _conduct DMR Institute of Beauty’s recruitment exercises, including the capturing of a job applicant’s details and the providing of status updates to such a job applicant.
• _Retain and make information available to you on the website;
• _To provide you with marketing that is relevant to you, or to direct information concerning DMR Institute of Beauty;
vmaintain and update our student, or potential student databases;
• _to protect our rights in any litigation;
• _communicate with you and keep a record of our communications with you and your communications with us;
vunderstand and analyze how you use our website;
• _for any other purposes relevant to our business activities, provided they are lawful.
Demographical and statistical information about user behavior may be collected and used to analyze the popularity and effectiveness of DMR Institute of Beauty websites. Any disclosure of this information will be in aggregated and anonymized form and will not identify individual users.
We may share this information with:
DMR Institute of Beauty will restrict its processing of your Personal Information to the original purposes for which it was collected , unless DMR Institute of Beauty reasonably considers that it is required to be processed for another purpose and that purpose is compatible with the original purpose. If you would like us to explain how the further processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on consist out of the following:
The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing.
Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent;
The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party;
The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business;
The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject;
The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business;
The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
We keep your information only as long as required or for a period of five (5) years or as per our Data Retention Policy where legally required.
We will then dispose of your information by shredding or data disposal or as per our Data Destruction Policy.
Your data protection rights:
You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to email@example.com. We may charge you a fee for this service.
You may also request DMR Institute of Beauty to correct or supplement any of your personal data which DMR Institute of Beauty will undertake as soon as practicable.
Request the destruction of your personal data. DMR Institute of Beauty will consider your request in light of any other laws or regulations prohibiting DMR Institute of Beauty from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us if you wish to make a request.
Name: Batya Cohen
Address: 7 11th Avenue, Houghton, Johannesburg, South Africa, 2198
Phone Number: +2711 880 3850
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
Prepared in accordance with Section 51 of the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000